Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cancer sucks the BIG one!!!!

In trying to protect myself from daughter's strep throat ,I was placed on antibiotics, So my nice white count of 4 is now a 2. and what do get when you are on antibiotics with no white count to talk about. THRUSH.Let me explain it is a thick nasty white coating on the tongue that makes everything taste like shit,It causes mouth sores under your tongue and down your throat .Even water burns going down. Then you realize that you can not swallow correctly because everything is swollen. try taking your 26 pills when you can barely swallow. I feel a overwhelming need to brush my teeth all the time and that the medicine is making my breath stink.No one has said anything about that yet so I am trying not to test that theory.So I am hoping that the thrush will go away soon with the swish and swallow and yes I cheat and spit it out sometimes. At least this not a permanent side effect just a annoying one. But I am trying to look on the bright side, as long as I have the thrush my white count is too low. So if heals slowly (UGH) my white count will come up slowly,hopefully at the right time harvest from again to make my next batch of protein. I kind of feel like a wheat field,get it harvest the grain to make bread. Ha I laugh at my own stupidity.
Anyways the headaches are getting worse ,more centralized to certain areas for a few days then they move to another spot.Oddly enough my hair is growing like crazy since I having the protein injection,however I can't even rub my head without it hurting.Sometimes I still have to have Shane put me in head lock just get enough pressure to make bearable, Not sure why outside pressure helps , but it does.
SO I should have a scan in a week maybe 2 and see what we see. My Raynaudy's is out of control right now which is making my feet hurt and feel like blocks of ice. The neuropathy pain is spreading and sometimes makes it hard to use my TENS unit to help alleviate my pain. And as a bonus my walking is a sight to see, I am all over the place. Hope no one gives me a sobriety test. Speech is OK except I look something sometime like say Megan's lunchbox and I will point at it and point at it but just can't get out the words Meg's get your lunchbox. It is happening more often is a true frustration. I am glad that I no longer work in the ICU. Don't get me wrong i still use the tricks of the trade in the office and miss the intensity of it. But I can not imagine standing beside a bed and pointing at a monitor or iv pump and not be able to get out what I need. at least at the office they all know me well enough to understand my own version of sign language and it helps when we all laugh about it. Don't think I would have that at some of my other jobs. It still amazes me that after only 6 months I have been excepted and treated just as I want to be. Hell if I can't laugh at myself especially with those who see the worse I might as well let cancer win. as I said before I run the disease it tries to run  me and has had it's fair share of putting me down but I can always count on family,friends,those close to me to lift me up with something foolish and funny.Cancer is not a joke but I refuse to live my life around cancer as much as possible. Some days it wins and keeps me grumpy,painful and in bed. Other times I almost feel like my old self.
So her is to CANCER,  YOU SUCK and WE ALL KNOW IT!!!!
Say the protein is working and it will.Pray the protein is working and it will. Believe the protein is working and it will. If you say it enough IT WILL BE TRUE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your wheat field comment. Harvest away girl! Lol!
    I have to say, I love your attitude and I look up to you!

    ReplyDelete