Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

GOOD NEWS

Finally after everything I have some AMAZING NEWS!!!!! After my scan to see how the gene therapy has been working the results are in!!!! SIX tumors have separated from the the tentacles that are feeding them!!!! They are not getting blood flow so they can not grow right now. They other 4 have not grown in size. My white blood cell count is 3.2 so they are waiting for it to  get to normal before they harvest again to  make my strain of gene therapy. the doctors are very happy, they were not expecting results like this and it all a little amazing for me. For right now, nothing changes we wait and see. I will still have all the side effects I am having now, headache,mobility and speech problems. This is because the tumors are still there. They are not growing and can't as long as there is no blood flow but the pressure is the same until they actually shrink. So we do not know what side effects i will be left with in the end. But bottom line is SIC tumors have separated!!!!!! The doctors are excited, they are ready to publish because these are results no one was expecting!!!!!!
More good news I got signed off to dive once again. With a few stipulations, take my blood pressure and pulse ox before I dive and be smart about the depth and the where. So next lab draw is next week and as soon as it is normal they will set me up to harvest and when the protein is ready they will inject it again into all the tumors in hope of separating the last 4 and shrinking the 6 that are already separated.
So keep sending all the prayers and good luck because I need them. I am finally looking at the other side of a tunnel. Not the end but at least I know there is another side.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following through Sueann and through your blog. I still find you one of the greatest inspirations!!! I miss having you around at work, I know people here still miss you. Keep fighting, you are so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete